Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Meeting the Crew

I met up with Richard at his house on Tuesday morning at 7:30am.  After introducing him to my dad, I rode over to the beach in front of Las Brisas restaurant with his crew, Junior, Scooby and Diego.  We rode out to the boat in an inflatable dingy to where the Gamefisher II was anchored off shore.  Once we were in the boat, we filled up the water and gas tanks, they showed me how to tie up the boat and how to tie different knots, and gave me a tour of the boat.

  

The Gamefisher II is white with blue stripes.  The bow of the boat is hollowed out and has one toilet, and an area where they store all their rods and gear.  They also showed me that they use small fish that they catch for the bait if they don't use live bait.  There is also a fighting chair on the back of the boat with built-in rod holders all around it.  This boat holds 4 fisherman plus the crew of 4.....up to 8 people at a time.

There is a hatch built into the back of the boat that can be opened to pull in extra large fish.  The cockpit is located in a tower where the Captain steers the boat.  This tower is elevated up from the rest of the boat.

After my tour, the crew took me out in the bay to do a little fishing.  We used two spinning rods with a jig (no bait) and even though we did not catch anything, we had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment